Generally, burgers should be cooked on Medium-High (approximately 375 degrees) to High (400 degrees). Most gas grills have a built in thermometer to monitor the heat but you can buy a grill thermometer for charcoal grills too.
What setting to grill burgers?
When grilling burgers, you want the grill temperature to be around medium-high to high heat, which is around 375 to 400 degrees F. Many gas grills have built in thermometers, but often they tend to be not super reliable.
What temperature should the grill be at to cook hamburgers?
How hot should the grill be for burgers? For burgers the optimal grilling temperature rule is – the hotter the better. Heat your grill to medium high heat (between 350-400°F).
How long do you cook burgers on a gas grill?
In general, follow these total grilling times:
- For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
- For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
- For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
- For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
What temperature do you cook burgers on a propane grill?
How to grill burgers on a propane grill
- Turn the propane on, then ignite the burners to high heat. …
- Close the lid and heat the grill until it reaches about 400 degrees F.
- Reduce the heat to medium high, or about 375 degrees, and place the burgers on the grill.
How long should I cook each side of a burger?
For a medium-rare burger, cook for 2 minutes and thirty seconds per side for 5 minutes total. For a medium burger, cook for 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side for 6 to 7 minutes total. For a well-done burger, cook for 4 to 4 1/2 minutes per side for 8 to 9 minutes total.
How long do you grill burgers at 350?
When you grill frozen hamburger patties, you should preheat your grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, and grill them at 350ºF until done. Make sure the frozen hamburger patties reach an internal temperature of 160ºF.
How do you cook beef burgers on a gas grill?
Grill burgers on the gas grill.
Arrange the burgers (dimpled side down) on the screaming hot grate. Leave about 30 percent of the grill grate food-free, a “safety zone” where you can move burgers in case of flare-ups. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes, or until they’re seared.
Do you close the grill when cooking burgers?
If you’re grilling quick-cooking foods such as burgers, thin steaks, chops, fish, shrimp, or sliced vegetables directly over the flames, you can leave the grill open. … But when you grill thicker steaks, bone-in chicken, or whole roasts you’ll want the lid down, especially when you’re cooking with indirect heat.
How long do you cook burgers on a Weber grill?
Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to medium doneness (160°F), 9 to 11 minutes, turning once. During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, place a cheese slice on each patty to melt and toast the buns, cut side down, over direct heat. Remove from the grill.
What temp is medium well burger?
At 130°F, it’s medium-rare. 140°F is medium, 150°F is medium-well, and over 160°F is well done. The FDA recommends cooking all ground beef to 160°F, though we don’t suggest cooking it much above that, or it will become dry and not very tasty.
How do you grill thick burgers?
- Preheat grill to medium-high; brush grates with oil.
- Gently form beef into four 1-inch-thick patties, about 4 inches in diameter. Make an indentation in the top of each patty. …
- Grill burgers 3 minutes. …
- Sandwich burgers in rolls with tomato, onion, and lettuce.