Morning all ! I’m back from my soujourn in Devon, but thought I’d relax a little while longer, besides there are meetings to go to, that W word to catch up on, so as I’m feeling all bluesy on my return from hols I need some comfort food. Not just any old comfort food. I’m talking about the C word or rather the CCU words. Choc Chip Uru to be precise!
Now if you’ve never met Choc Chip before you are in for a treat my friends, a literal treat. She’s a star, an Ausie star who creates the most amazing desserts, cookies, ice creams you name it – and all for our pleasure! Well that might be pushing it a bt too far, she is feeding her own obsession as well as ours 🙂 I’m going to pick out a couple of gemsfrom today’s post to get us going “overindulgences,” “chocolate overload stuffed cookies“, “very-brownie cookies“ and “mega fat batch of mega fat jumbo cookies“. See I said we are in for a treat, and this is just a wee taster of her skills and chocolate obsessiveness. To really get the flavour of her genius you need to pop over to Go Bake Yourself
I remember coming across Choc Chip, and visiting her blog and after checking out her recipes I left a comment along the lines of “WOW, I don’t know where to start they all look so amazing“, her speedy oh so accurate and droll response – “ Start from the beginning” !! Just love her 🙂
Let’s welcome Choc Chip to the Promenade!
Hello to all readers today, for those who have not met me, the name’s Uru… Choc Chip Uru 😉 Ok so maybe it does not have the same ring as James Bond but like he has a passion for blowing up stuff and saving the world in his hunky way, I have a passion for baking in my… adolescent way 😛 Again, not the same thing but pfft… don’t judge 😀
I am a (now) 17 year old sweet obsessed, baking crazed blogger who runs Go Bake Yourself, a blog I believe encompasses my addiction to sugar, creativity and budding love for photography all in one 😀
A big thanks to you Claire, I hope your readers and especially you go crazy for the recipe I have planned to share with you today. I love your blog and can’t wait to see your reaction to the overload I am about to give to you 😉
Enjoy mes cheris!
Ok, so you know how I mentioned my love for baking, sweet stuff and all that jazz? Well I didn’t want to freak you out right at the beginning so I did not mention my love for… chocolate…. because it. is. an. obsession.
Like a stalker obsession.
Like a Cheers reruns addiction.
Like lungs, necessary for breathing.
If I could, I would sing this song to honour chocolate but I have a really bad case of stage fright… damn 😉
Anyway… moving along before truly you decide to turn off your screens, I know you all are probably expecting a story along with this post, something which adds meaning and flavour to the extraordinary chocolate recipe to come.
I’m sorry there really isn’t.
Why were these chocolate overload stuffed cookies made? Well, you see, I had finished half of my exams, no 2/3 of my yearly exams in September and had a four day break coming up… so after mon examen de francais quel etait tres degoutant, I came home on a little high and a little craving.
Thus this mega fat batch of mega fat jumbo cookies were born. They are so fudgy, you could almost call them very-brownie cookies, the white chocolate chunks gracing the tastebuds at random intervals add a nice sweet contrast to the richness of the dark chocolate. Gooood stuff 😉
Enjoy all! (and make them asap, you will not regret it!)
*Any suggestions or slight changes are bolded – this cookbook is absolutely incredible and highly recommended!
Jumbo Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Source: Mastering The Art Of Baking [Cookbook]
Makes: 18 jumbo cookies
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, lightly – firmly – packed
- 180g butter, chopped, room temperature if possible
- 300g dark chocolate – use 100g milk chocolate, 200g dark chocolate to lessen the intense richness
- 3 eggs, room temperature, lightly whisked w/ one tsp of vanilla essence
- 75g white chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Sift in the sugar and make a well in the centre
- Put the butter and half the amount of dark chocolate into a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (a double boiler) – make sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water)
- Stir over low heat until the mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes or until lukewarm
- Add the chocolate mixture and eggs to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until evenly combined
- Stir in the white and remaining dark chocolate chunks
- Roll 2 tbs of mixture into a ball and place on a lined tray. Repeat with the remaining mixture, leaving 7cm between each ball to allow for spreading (it is very little). Flatten the ball slightly with your fingertips (I pushed down moderately well and shaped the cookie with a smooth top because mine barely spread)
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, swapping the trays around halfway through cooking (not necessary in a fan forced oven) . Leave the biscuits on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool (VERY delicate cookies)
- To make smaller biscuits, use 1 tbs of mixture per ball and bake for 12 minutes as before
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week
- Refrigerate the mixture if too soft initially to roll into balls to firm it up a little – note that this will lessen the spread even more
And there you have it my friends, a very addictive, chocolate jumbo concoction cookie 😀
Thanks again Claire for letting me blog here today, it was totally awesome! If anyone wants to come see more chocolate overindulgences, feel free to visit anytime at Go Bake Yourself!