Everyone needs quick but tasty food. A meal for times you don’t have the energy let alone the inclination to spend ages preparing and cooking a good tasty meal. But something that is a bit special.
That’s a lot of boxes to tick!
In our case it’s apres-ski food that requires minimal effort, in my current state that means 1 handed cooking.
But more than that this meal is one of my favourites.
Smoked Salmon and Dill Spaghetti
Simple Salmon Said Spaghetti
Grab a pack of spaghetti, pick up some smoked salmon (the off-cuts are perfect for this), a pot of creme fraiche, garlic cloves, fresh dill and capers.
- Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions, I prefer it al-dente.
- While its cooking chop a clove of garlic and 2 handfuls of dill, roughly chop or tear the salmon into small bite size pieces.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and put it to one side.
- In the pan add a dash of olive oil and on a low heat warm it through then add the garlic, fry for a minute so it starts to release its flavour.
- Now add a tablespoon of capers, mix in, then add a tablespoon of dill. Give it a stir.
- Now add 2 – 3 tablespoons of creme fraiche and another stir.
- Next put the salmon pieces into the pan, and give it all a gentle stir.
- Add the spaghetti back into the pan, and give everything a good mix.
- Sprinkle the remaining handful of dill into the dish.
- Check for seasoning – a grind of black pepper is good.
Perfect with a glass of something chilled, dry and white