More Party Food ! More? What after Christmas? Well New Year is on the way……
So back on the party trail, at the leaving for the Alps bash, I made one of my standard party dishes ~ Tapenade in Puff Pastry. A simple, tasty little party number. And a quick fix. It will be made any day now in the Alps.
Olive Tapenade in Puff Pastry
- A packet of puff pastry, thawed but left in the wrapper
- 150 g de-stoned black olives
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- A handful of parsley roughly chopped
- 1-2 tbs Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 or 4 anchovies (optional)
- In a food processor mix the olives, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil and seasonings until you have a rough mixture. It shouldn’t be too smooth.
- On a floured board roll out the puff pastry.
- Spread the tapenade mixture along the longest side of the pastry.
- Now roll the pastry over the mixture until the pastry and tapenade is completely rolled up (you are aiming for a cigar shape). Seal the pastry edge with some olive oil.
- Using a sharp knife cut the rolled pastry into 1/2 inch pieces and place them on an oiled baking sheet. They will look like little wheels at this stage.
- Bake in the oven on a high heat for approx 20 -25 minutes until the pastry is cooked and golden.
No photos to do show and tell, I was too busy in the kitchen!