That’s what we had for our off to the Alps party, sorry I should say Gathering, I’m assured that is far more glamorous!
Yes it’s a dip , yes it’s pink, yes to it being simple to make and yes it being tasty. That’s a lot of yes’
A recipe I picked up from Sophie Grigson, who in turn had picked it up elsewhere, isn’t that the best way with recipes, they get handed on and down.
Australian Market Beetroot Dip
- 3 medium beetroot
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 200 – 250g soured cream or Greek yoghurt
- 1 – 2 tbs lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the beetroot till tender – you can do this in the oven (wrapped in tin foil with a little olive oil), or boiled/steamed in a pan, or as I do when at home buy them freshly cooked from our local greengrocer.
- When the beetroot are cool enough to handle, peel and roughly chop all of them except for one half. This half is grated and put to one side.
- Dry fry the seeds until browned, and the scent rises. Cool and then grind them
- Put the chopped beetroot, the spices, the sour cream or yoghurt and the lemon juice, along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor and whizz them until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a serving bowl and then add the grated beetroot and gently mix it in. Check the seasonings and serve with flatbread, or Crudités .
Pink food – way to party!
And Pink Ski Boots 🙂