It’s all jumbly in here today.
You see I know and like gardening, I can take the odd decent photo, I can cook up a scratch meal, and occasionally I manage to ski reasonably well. But when it comes to writing it all down, some days fail me. It’s all a bit of a jumble. Trying to clear out and order and organise thoughts and words.
Noodle awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. We think Noddle is a star, and not just because she likes what she reads here. I’m looking forward to her promised post about The Noodle Cupboard!
There are rules for the Versatile Blogger Award. (1) I must list 7 random things about myself that you don’t know and (2) nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award.
- I have dyed my hair many colours over the years, memorable colours include pink and blue. Not at the same time though.
- I’m double jointed – handy for when you want to reach something but can’t be bothered to move.
- I’m a lifelong Manchester United fan, it’s where I grew up and that includes having worked for Arsenal FC (oh the shame!)
- I love day dreaming, if I could write that on my CV, I would.
- I’m a bit of a techie geek, only mildly in comparison to some of the people I’ve worked with over the years, but none-the-less I’m a geeky IT girl
- I’m allergic to all things dairy. Always have been, probably always will be. And this is from someone who was brought up on whole milk! Sometimes the reaction is strong, other times I can get away with it. Generally, if I avoid processed dairy products, milk and cream I can nibble and munch on cheese. Phew!
- We used to work on the music festivals – Glastonbury, Womad, and the Big Chill on a food stall serving Trinidadian food. A long story for another day. For now though I’ll say that I miss the music festivals – the buzz, the beauty, the chaos, the people, the party, oh and the music!
Now awards are odd things, you feel warm and special for being noticed, recognised even. And then it dawns on you that you have to pass the award on. And this is where I struggle. How do I choose? Sounds like a bit of a cliché? Read on. There are so many great blogs out there, most of them seem to already have this award so it narrows my choices down. But that’s not what I’m struggling with. What is niggling me is what if I miss someone out? How mean would I feel? Maybe it’s the Catholic guilt coming out in me – bearing in mind I’m not a Catholic but I seem to have the famous guilt that comes attached to that particular brand.
I just worry about the “responsibility” of it all. Oooph! Then I have to remind myself that this is a hobby, a pleasure. Not a make or break life changing decsion. But sometimes the words fail me. I stumble around, muttering, half forming words, forgetting others as soon as I try to write them down. You see it’s all a bit of a jumble in this head of mine. That’s probably why the blog is Jumbly – a mix of bits and bobs, scatterings from here and there. No cohesive collection to be found.
In fact I like my new word Jumbly. I’m going to adopt it.
But back to the task in hand. I need to nominate and award other bloggers. So I need to un-jumble. Trying to describe why I like them and why I think you might is tricky. Could you just accept some simple words that describes their blogs rather too literally as opposed to me explaining myself? I hope so.
- Bishop - A gardener and grower in Florida. But more than that, as any good blogger does he comments on life and all that goes around. Put simply it’s one of my favourite reads.
- PlateandPlanet – healthy food and healthy planet is her motto. She dishes up some great stuff and always makes me stop and think.
- Jared over at LickTheFridge - I hope you like this blog as much as I do. Funny doesn’t do it justice. Nor does droll. Or thought provoking. Go over and have a read, As he says it’s about “irreverence for myself and my readers”.
- Deb from East of Eden – writes about life and food, all woven around Steinbeck’s Salinas valley. A lovely read, it comes with great photos and she weaves a story from Steinbeck quotes. Clever and unique.
- Dadirridreaming - a wonderful blogger who posts about her life, giving us glimpses into her garden, the wildlife, her yoga and her view of the world from Australia .
- Stacey of DownToEarthDigs will I’m sure entertain you with her garden and her photography.
So as opposed to the 10 I’m meant to dish you up here’s 6 special treats for you to read.
And then we get onto the nepotism part. What’s nepotism got to do with Jumbly? Well, as I’ve said it’s a jumble in here and then there is Mr Promenade or rather in his current guise, Mountain Man. You see he is blogging too. We have his and her’s blogs :) He’s a relatively new kid on the blogging block, so could I be cheeky and give him a mention? He’s the RealSnowReport which basically means he writes and photographs what’s happening here in the French Alps on and off piste. He also muses a lot, occasionally rambles, all with a soupcon of humour. I’ll fess up, he took today’s snowy pictures :) Pop in if you like. I think he’s a star, but then I know I’m biaised.
Right, back to the daydreaming :)